Sunday, August 21, 2011

Morialta Conservation Park

We always wanted to visit Morialta Conservation Park because we have always wonder how the waterfall there is which is closest to the city. Since Adelaide is the driest city in Australia, we have to make sure that there are many rain this month before we set our foot there. We heard that in summer it can be very dry there and the river will not have any flowing water. It was very nice weather today, you can walk with only a T-shirt during the day. So off we went to Morialta Conservation Park. The trail to the waterfall has nice sceneries of native plants to enjoy. There are many different trails for hiking which we like to hike next time. Because we are still fasting during Ramadhan so perhaps next time.
High platforms to enjoy the nice view of this conservation park. I am used of hiking sceneries through tropical rainforest and Japan green forest during my studies to complete my bachelor degree in fieldwork. But today it is a new interesting experience to me to understand this part of Australia native vegetation.
The waterfall.
Rainbow near the waterfall which made my boys excited. 
Hope you have a nice weekend too.

15 comments:

cikmanggis said...

cantiknya Diana:)...rasa pernah nampak pemandangan yang begini didalam cerita koboi kat tv hehe...nampak gaya nya bila terjatuh potong rokok atau sebagainya senang api merebak ni.

Patricia said...

What a nice outing for you and your family.

Mark Willis said...

Great pictures of the waterfall!

Sue Garrett said...

Beautiful waterfall - I bet it was noisy!

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Beautiful. First of all, I love waterfalls. And, it looks like such a great hike to get to it. Thank you for sharing!

Jody said...

You make me feel like an international traveler today. I visited Lrong's blog in Japan, after he found me through your blog and then kindly commented on mine. He has such a beautiful variety of vegetables right now. Some I've never seen before. Then I visited you in Australia, and went for a hike... such beautiful scenery. It brought back memories of the great west of the United States reminding me of childhood scenes in Utah where I grew up. Thanks so much for the mental journey through the world! It's been very relaxing.

rainfield61 said...

What an eye opener to me.

It is beautiful.

Malar said...

That's beautiful park! I guess your kids should have enjoyed so much!

Unknown said...

cantiknya! :)

Sean L said...

Ooo, nice waterfall spray. When I went there last summer, the waterfall was just a weak spray and the creeks did have some water. I just love the grass trees with the very phallic inflorescence. Ur entry reminds me that I have a draft entry on Morialta waiting to be completed.

Tokanpuakajoran® Cikgu Budr said...

Saya singgah dan follow...menarik sangat...suka

kitchen flavours said...

Nice place! Two great views in one, rainbow and waterfall! These two always have some magical feeling connected to them! Blame it on Disney!! :)

Stephanie said...

I can smell the wonderful air there from here! Probably that rainbow is a sign of promising more good things to come your way ;-)

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Cikmanggis~Kat sini selalunya November~April bulan dilarang bakar-bakar api. Senang merebak je api kat sini. Kering-kontang.

Patricia~ My boys had a terrific time. Its good to bring them closer to nature.

Mark~I think this is my first time posted a photo of waterfall.

Sue~The sprayed water was refreshing.

Gardener on Sherlock Street~nice sceneries to enjoy to get closer to the waterfall.

Jody~Lrong certainly has a very beautiful potarger. I always wonder if I have the chance to visit his potager. Happy to know you feel relaxed.

Rainfield61~Something different once in a while, out from the garden.

Malar~My kids had a good time. They got to bed early which is good.

HangKebon~ Indah pemandangan dekat air terjun tu.

Sean L~Hope your entry on Morialta will be posted soon. Its good to hear that in summer there are still water there.

Tokan~Terima kasih singgah di blog saya.

Joyce~I seems to recall rainbow and waterfall scenes in Disney too. I was wondering whether it was in Pocahantas or The Lion King. Yes, magical feeling.

Stephanie~Hope we received some good luck from that rainbow :).

CathJ said...

The waterfall must look more beautiful in real... just look at the rainbow!! awesome...